Saturday, June 21, 2008

Zombie #8: John Avon

John Avon is a fantasy/sci-fi artist from the other side of the pond. I am forever grateful that he took the time to doodle up this zombie for me. For one, he was insanely busy. John doesn't cross the Atlantic often; When he does, he's met with endless lines of ungrateful kids who I really don't think appreciate his work.
And two, he's a usually a landscape artist and I know it must have been a nightmare to be requested to sketch something that he's never sketched before with a queue of hundreds of people waiting, so John, thank you so much for taking the time. I really appreciate this sketch. You are quite possibly the greatest fantasy artist in the world.
Check out his gallery. I could link every piece he's ever done individually, but in particular check out this island and this plains. It blows the mind.
Thanks again John.

No comments: